For the first time, Major League Baseball has an official sock sponsor, having reaching a multi-year deal with Stance. Starting with this year’s All-Star Game and continuing on a more widespread basis for the 2017 season, every sock worn on the field by MLB players will be from Stance’s new Fusion Baseball line. Stance’s collection features four different styles (Memorial, Diamond, Legends, Stadium) available for each team, potentially providing a variety of additional uniform combinations for MLB teams.
The official Twitter announcement from Stance:
— Stance (@stance) May 23, 2016
- New Stance Fusion Socks To Debut At 2016 MLB All-Star Game (CBS Philly)
- MLB tries to make socks fun again, follows in NBA’s footsteps in new deal (USA Today)
- Stance signs deal with MLB to be official sock provider (ESPN)
- MLB’s Socks Are About To Get A Lot More Fun (The PostGame)
- MLB Announces New On-Field Sock Designs Afoot (Sports Logos)