Major League Baseball has released the bracket for the 2016 T-Mobile Home Run Derby, which is schedule for Monday. The first round will feature Corey Seager vs. Mark Trumbo, Giancarlo Stanton vs. Robinson Cano, Wil Myers vs. Adam Duvall, and Carlos Gonzalez vs. Todd Frazier. Frazier won last year’s Home Run Derby in a Reds jersey and did so as somewhat of a dark horse candidate in front of the hometown crowd. The Padres’ Wil Meyers has the opportunity to do the same this year in San Diego.
The Home Run Derby is set.
Seager vs Trumbo
Stanton vs Cano
Myers vs Duvall
Gonzalez vs Frazier pic.twitter.com/bm2sjm4dm2
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) July 7, 2016
To make things even more interesting for fans, MLB is hosting a bracket contest (much like the popular March Madness brackets). Fans could win up to $25,000 for a correct bracket. For more information on that contest, see the official site.
As part of the hype, MLB has released a free mobile game for the 2016 Home Run Derby. It is available for download from their site as well as the Android and Apple app markets.
For more coverage of the Derby or the content see the following:
- Frazier, Cano, Stanton headline Home Run Derby field (Sports Illustrated)
- Home Run Derby: Here’s picking Wil Myers to win in front of hometown fans (ESPN)
- Mark Trumbo, Todd Frazier lead 2016 Home Run Derby participants (ESPN)
- MLB Home Run Derby 2016: Eight-Player Field, Bracket Set For All-Star Game Event (NESN)
- Star power: Stanton in mighty Derby Field (MLB)